- 1) Floods are the #1 natural disaster in the US?
- 2) In the last 5 years all 50 states have experienced floods?
- 3) EVERYONE lives in a flood zone – some zones are preferred and some are special hazard, but everyone lives in a flood zone.
- 4) Homeowners insurance does not cover flood damage.
- 5) Just a few inches of water can cause thousands of dollars in damage. Just one inch of water in a 2000 square foot home could cost over $20,000 in repairs.
In addition to the National Flood Insurance Program, private carriers are now offering flood insurance. Day Agency has several markets that may offer broader coverage than the National Flood program and in many cases they will offer higher limits. Visit https://www.floodsmart.gov for more information or contact us for a quote.